Google Apps™ - Create an online collaborative learning ecosystem
If you're currently paying a third party for web hosting, email or office software licences, you could achieve huge savings by migrating these systems to free apps developed, supported and hosted in the cloud by one of the most trusted brands around the world.
Migrating to Google Apps™ will enable your organisation to maximise the benefits of cloud technologies, freeing up your IT spend. Effective management and integration of Google Apps™ and related technologies is becoming a high priority for those IT organisations wishing to reach the full potential of these cloud based tools.
Webanywhere is an authorised Google Partner. We can help you migrate to Google Apps as well as delivering single sign-on (SSO) Google integration with Totara LMS, Moodle, and other enterprise data sources. Benefits of migrating include:
Reduced IT hardware/software spend on servers, licences and other infrastructure costs
Allows your employees to use an online email/calendar system that's integrated with your LMS
Access learning 'on the go' through mobile devices
Enables employees to collaborate faster using Google Docs
Empowers your people to share knowledge in real time using the social Google + application
Google Apps™ for Training Companies
Training companies can take advantage of a single suite of online apps that creates new opportunities for collaboration, personal management and file sharing. Best of all, Google Apps is completely free for companies with up to 11 staff.
- Online video chat and screen sharing capability using Google Hangout™.
- Google Docs™ (Word files, Presentations, Spreadsheets) can be created online and shared with colleagues or project team members. And because each document is saved as a single online copy, everyone sharing the file will be able to edit the latest version.
- Google Calendar™ and Gmail™ lets course creators, learners and managers to access online calendars and email from anywhere via a web browser, tablet or smartphone.
Google Apps™ for Enterprise
- Delivers savings on expensive email licenses
- Online messaging, video conferencing and voice chat that reduce phone bills and makes collaboration across dispersed sites or regions far more efficient
- Because Google Apps™ is software-as-a-service (SAAS) and hosted in the Cloud, no software updates are ever needed - freeing up technical staff to focus on priorities.
Single Sign on integration with Moodle / Totara LMS
As well as supporting your migration to Google Apps™, Webanywhere has developed Single Sign on integration with Moodle and Totara LMS which delivers:-
- Automatic creation of users in Google Apps™ (Google Docs™, Google Calendar™, and GMail™) when they are created in Moodle
- Automatic log in to Google Apps™ when a user logs in to Moodle
- A Gmail block in Moodle that displays latest GMail™ messages on the Moodle Front Page
Google Apps block on the Moodle Front Page displays links to Google Start Page, Google Docs, Google Calendar and GMail
Supported for Moodle 1.9 and Moodle 2.0 releases.